June is the beginning of Summer and it seems to have taken an age to arrive but now it's here we can look forward to sunshiny days and balmy nights.
We have just returned from a very successful Chelsea Flower Show, which you can read all about on our blog
We all had a great time, the sun shone, lots of people visited our stand and we once again achieved a 3 gold star award which we are very proud of.
Summer is the best time for Alfresco cooking, and who knows more about that than Jamie Oliver.
Cooking alfresco is all about the fun you can have with your family and friends, the excitement of being outside, setting up camp in your garden and getting comfortable.
Here are Jamie's top five outdoor entertaining tips:
1. Serve up vibrant, herby salads in the middle of the table. Having some warm buns, flatbreads or steamed rice to mop up the juices is also a winner.
2. Don't neglect the drinks! Knock up a simple fruity cocktail that you can easily adapt for the kids - elderflower with freshly picked mint leaves and some slices of citrus is beautiful.
3. Start by mastering the basics with seafood, meat and veggie skewers, and homemade burgers. Once you've nailed those you can expand your grilling repertoire.
4. Tie together a mix of woody herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage and bay. Bash up the end of the bunch, dip in oil, and use as a brush to baste your grills as you cook - it will inject major flavour.
5. Try to pick out herbs and flavours that will complement the meat and really make it sing. Try brushing on marmalade in the last 30 seconds of cooking a pork chop...heaven!
Enjoy your garden with David Domoney.
What is a garden without a bench? Benches are iconic pieces of garden furniture that always create a relaxed atmosphere. The benches you find in parks, town centres and along the seafront, are the most tranquil of seats - a chance to take the weight off your feet and enjoy spectacular vistas. Enjoying a good sit down in your garden is even better. You can position your bench exactly where you want it to be so you can enjoy the best view possible of your garden. Benches are also ideal because you can leave them outside all year round, and they can become part of the design too - a feature, rather than purely functional.
David Domoney has lots more tips for a great garden in our Sunshine Times
brochure download a copy today.
That just leaves us to wish a very Happy Hartman summer